Phil and Steve talk about Memento Mori, a piece of stoic philosophy that encourages you to keep your death in mind. As such, the discussion revolves around death, the purpose of life, suicide, and death as a framing device for life.
- We have a Discord Server! Please join to speak directly with us and other idea-addicts!
- Find more from Phil at HittingEject.com and MakeASkillCheck.com
- Find more from Steve at SteveRosePhD.com
- Reach out to us at ConceptsWithPhilAndSteve@gmail.com
- Memento Mori – Remember your death
- Anna Karenina
- The Concept Phil was reaching for was Ennui
- Education Inflation
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
- Steven Pressfield’s “Resistance”
- Decision Fatigue
- Phil’s Really Old Post on Secular Reincarnation from his first-ever blog
Just gonna steal from Wikipedia to define the Big 5: The Big Five personality traits is a suggested taxonomy, or grouping, for personality traits, developed from the 1980s onward in...
You're shivering, huddled under your thin, discount-store jacket as the winter wind slices through it. Meanwhile, a woman walks by, snug and warm in her expensive, high-quality coat that will last...