In this episode, Phil and Steve discuss the fixed and growth mindsets, a touch of positive psychology, the myth of talent, and what it means to be a loser.
- We have a Discord Server! Please join to speak directly with us and other idea-addicts!
- Find more from Phil at HittingEject.com and MakeASkillCheck.com
- Find more from Steve at SteveRosePhD.com
- Reach out to us at ConceptsWithPhilAndSteve@gmail.com
- Brain Pickings (referencing the book “Mindset” by Carol Dweck)
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- No Stupid Questions (Podcast)
- Sour Grapes
- SMART goal criteria
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Think and Grow RIch by Napoleon Hill
- Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism by Max Weber (German Sociologist)
- The Light Cloak by Max Weber
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine by Robert L. Moore, Douglas Gillette
- Contrapoints – Incels
- Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences
- Limiting Beliefs
Just gonna steal from Wikipedia to define the Big 5: The Big Five personality traits is a suggested taxonomy, or grouping, for personality traits, developed from the 1980s onward in...
You're shivering, huddled under your thin, discount-store jacket as the winter wind slices through it. Meanwhile, a woman walks by, snug and warm in her expensive, high-quality coat that will last...